!!!

Please leave a comment so we know who is visiting! Thanks!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finally an update by Beth!!!

So Dad has been calling in regularly...I just haven't been posting regularly...I haven't even updated my own personal blog. ARGH! *grin Anyway, sorry to keep you all waiting. Here goes...

The last time I spoke with Dad they were already sped through Indiana and were Ohio. Dad called because he was waiting for it to cool down enough to go to sleep. He's not complaining though...he feels they've had great weather all along.

One of Dad's favorite things to do is meet people along the way. He'll talk with restaurant owners, people in restaurants, campers, other bikers, etc. In fact, the other day he met a family that will be in DC at the same time they will, so they might hook up.

I would tell you more but the sheet of paper I have been using to take notes on has disappeared. I think it might have to do with my little tricycler who goes on a BIG RIDE every morning around the house and on the deck. "just like Grandpa!"

I think they have a rest day tomorrow, so I will be chatting with him and then will update.

Only 9 more days left. WOW!

3 comments:

aleprechaun said...

You're almost there! That's been a LOT of riding but it has hurt you more than it hurt me!!!!!!!!!! Will be great to hear all the details, over a cup of coffee, but I guess I have to wait until Nov.
Doris

Anonymous said...

Beth, we are the family that met up with your dad in a little town called Coal City, Il. They happen to be camping at our recreational club and he was coming back from the showers and me, my husband Bill, two of our daughters Gretchen and Morgan, our son-in-law Clinton and a few others started talking to him and we had a very enjoyable conversation with him. I commend him and your cousin for doing what they are doing it's fantastic!!! In talking to him we found out that he is a surgeon and me and my oldest daughter Gretchen started laughing because both of us are surgical nurses. What's the chance of that happening! My husband and I and our youngest daughter Morgan are going to be out in DC when your dad and the other riders arrive and we said we'd like to meet up with him if possible. He said they would be arriving at the Lincoln Memorial on August 9th. Bruce you're almost there keep up the good work and we wish you all the best. Bill and Kelly Leopold and family

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

How cool to hear from Kelly and think that you'll meet up again in D.C., hopefully! Wow, I can hardly believe there are only a few more days of this adventure left! Surely not one you'll forget anytime soon! Keep pedaling! Good days to you!